Under the direction of the LLA Daycare & Preschool Director, the Before/After
School Coordinator is responsible for the supervision and coordination of program and staff. The
Coordinator is directly responsible for planning and organizing all daily activities. In addition, is
responsible for planning (includes rosters, activities, etc.), implementing and delivery of days off
Immediate Supervisor: Responsible to the Daycare & Preschool Director Supervisor
- Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have two years of previous experience working with elementary school aged children.
- Possess basic knowledge and understanding of school aged children.
- Be a self-starter and perform job with little supervision.
- Possess the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Possess the ability to follow written and oral directions.
- Must be able to handle any questions that arise with the public by answering them or by giving
- them the proper directions for the answer.
- Must be honest, in good health, accurate, have a neat appearance, and a courteous manner.
- Must be in good physical condition.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide participants with the appropriate leadership during the program.
- Develop and plan activities that incorporate program goals into the daily routine.
- Assist with training and supervision of site directors and staff.
- Provide a warm and caring atmosphere for participants.
- Maintain open communication between staff and school personnel.
- Prepare activities that are developmentally appropriate for the age of the children.
- Communicate with the parents through daily drop‐off and pick‐up.
- Maintain a safe environment for participants.
- Submit all written correspondence to the Recreation Supervisor for approval prior to
- Maintain records of attendance and sign‐in/out sheets and turn them in to the Director every
- Attend staff meetings.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward co‐workers.
- Assign daily tasks to the staff.
- Report any problems which arise with participants, other employees, or direct supervisor.
- Responsible for all activity and room preparations for the program.
- Keep the room neat and orderly.
- Keep storage room orderly and well inventoried.
- Request supplies for the program director.
- Assist with acquiring purchase orders and obtaining program supplies.
- Follow and enforce district policies and procedures.
- Assist with mid and end of the year evaluations.
- Assist with program purchases.
- Proactive response to any issues and concerns.
- Other duties as assigned Marginal Functions.
- Make recommendations to the Director for improvement on equipment, supplies, facility and
- Set up and move furniture.
- Clean up room after program is finished.
- Be flexible and adaptable to new situations.
- Assist in other Recreation programs as needed.
Work Hours and Compensation:
The position of Before/After school Director is a part time position and is paid every two weeks at an agreed salary. The position is classified as a
non‐exempt hourly employee status and will work from 1‐27 hours per week. The hours worked on a daily basis are 6:00 a.m-8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m.
May be exposed to all weather conditions. May be required to work in various temperatures within the facility and outside.
- Must be able to effectively coordinate with staff and keep program organized
- Must be able to work closely with staff and other employees and set an example for the staff as well as participants.
- Ability to use good judgment and effective problem-solving skills.
- Maintain proper administrative paperwork. This includes but not limited to time sheets, attendance sheets leave request forms, and accident/injury forms.
- Uphold and enhance the public image of the center in any contact with the public.
The Director must resolve differences and problems that arise with patrons and employees.
The worker may also have to work under stressful situations when first aid or CPR is required.