Provides childcare in a variety of programs, plans activities, implements the scheduled daily program, and assists the teachers in a variety of ways.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helps to ensure the safety and welfare of the children and protects each from physical or emotional harm. This includes performing all tasks with an appropriate level of confidentiality.
- Provides an environment where everyone can have a positive experience throughout the day.
- Treats all children, families, and staff members with dignity and respect, and allow for individual differences.
- Prepares and follows a curriculum based on developmentally appropriate practices that helps each child reach his/her fullest potential in all areas of development.
- Supervises and always interacts with children ; mealtimes, rest periods, diapering/restroom times, playtimes, and activity times.
- Provides care for young children and infants, including changing diapers, feeding, and comforting.
- Maintains observation records and other required classroom logs correctly.
- Knows all health and emergency policies of the program and is ready to implement them if necessary.
- Helps with general housekeeping tasks.
- Shows initiative in the improvement of early childhood education, the program, and the curriculum by sharing ideas and participating in available trainings.
- Always maintain a professional attitude .
- Maintain appropriate communication with staff, children, and families always. Maintain an open, warm and very professional relationship with all families.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Must have some knowledge of early childhood education – course work or prior experience.
CPR Certification required within 2 months of date of hire.
Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
Food Handler’s Permit required within 2 months of date of hire.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of child cognitive, social, and skills development methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of play, reading, and quiet-time activities for children.
- Child supervision skills.
- Ability to provide basic nutrition and hygiene services for infants and young children.
- Knowledge of childcare facility, services and/or staff licensure and certification requirements.
- Ability to provide a supportive and caring environment for children.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, pre-employment physical examination/medical history check.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $10.00 per hour +