This position duties varies from company to company and from day to day, but he/she usually has core tasks he/she is expected to perform regularly. The Day Care Receptionist will report directly to the Director of Legacy Learning Academy.
Education and Training
A high school diploma or its equivalent is required for a day care receptionist’s job. Preference may be given to individuals with a high typing proficiency or formal computer training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Smiling, warm, friendly demeanor; able to greet parents and visitors and answer their questions
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
- Must qualify for Level 2 Background Screening as required by DCF for employment in a licensed childcare facility
- Answer incoming phone calls in a professional manner and tone. Maintain a pleasant phone voice.
- Take and distribute phone messages; transfer phone calls.
- Excellent command of English language both spoken and written.
- Ability to work pleasantly and professionally with teachers and to show empathy and understanding for young children and their parents.
- Highly organized and discrete. Filing of confidential and general paperwork.
- Must be computer literate and able to type; knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, and, Excel is preferable
- Able to keep and disseminate the school’s master calendar
- Must be discreetly able to screen visitors, use good judgment or ask if questionable
- Record all compliance documents for the school including but not limited to fire drills, illness/accident forms
- Maintain daily attendance records
- Maintain extra-curricular class records’
- Use the copier and learn to use and maintain it (keep filled w paper, staples, etc.)
- Inventory and ordering of office supplies
- Assist with pre-school and fundraising as needed (collection and distribution of money, flyers, etc.)
- Mailings (school emailing and regular mail) as needed
- Create and Maintain lists as needed such as: Early & After Care, Camp and School Groups, etc.
Part-Time Salary $10.00 per hour