The position of daycare and preschool director functions under the supervision of the Board of Directors of Legacy Learning Academy.
- Bachelor’s degree in (Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field preferred).
- Relevant 2 years (Preferred)
- Supervising: 2 years (Preferred)
- Experience in developing, teaching and conducting classes or workshops for child care staff and/or parents; oversee staff management of USDA programs; Ability to pass a criminal background check and a central registry search as required by state child care licensing regulations; Medical examination including chest x-ray or tuberculin test as required by state child care licensing; Current CPR and First Aid certification or ability to obtain as required by state child care licensing; Knowledge of Medical Administration certification training. Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
Bachelor’s degree (Child Development, Early Childhood Education or related field preferred)
The Center Director leads and manages the entire center—from its child development programs to its operations (e.g. maintenance, admissions, front desk, food program, transportation, marketing, staffing, etc.) Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervising and coordinating all child development and administrative staff.
- Overseeing Admissions/Enrollment & Recruiting Process
- Managing Child Class Transitions and Wait list
- Perform Orientations, Meet & Greets, and tours
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to state licensing regulations.
- Work with state and local agencies and comply with State Licensing Child Care Regulations including completing paperwork (i.e. health records, fire codes, etc.)
- Maintain a variety of records, including registrations, permission slips, accident reports, medical records, etc.
- Work with staff to execute planned curriculum that meets the mission of the center
- Collaborate with teachers in creating the program’s vision which supports and promotes the cognitive, social and emotional development of the program’s participants and reflects the values and culture of the community we serve.
Must be generally in good physical condition able to:
- Lift up to 25 pounds
- Move light furniture/school items
- Perform Daily repetitive bending and rapid/active movement associated with working with children
- Proficiency in basic computer skills including the professional use of social media and Microsoft Office.
- Be outgoing, always smiling, and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Solution oriented
- Provide excellent customer service
This is a salaried, 40 hours per week position (flexible scheduling)
$50,000 to $62,000 a year
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Discounted Child Care