Under the supervision of the Director, the preschool teacher is responsible for creating an environment that promotes the social, emotional, cognitive and physical growth of the participants in their assigned classes. She/he should serve as a team member in developing creative lesson plans and implementing then in their classrooms. The preschool teacher must work in cooperation with co-teachers, site staff, the site leader, recreation supervisor, and all other personnel of Legacy Learning Academy.
Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education – preferred.
Associates Degree will be considered.
Previous experiences in early childhood education settings.
CPR Certified or the willingness to obtain certification within two weeks of hire.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrive to work, meetings, and trainings promptly.
- Display professionalism in mannerisms, and attire.
- Assist co-teacher in all daily preparation work and clean-up of rooms.
- Complete site lesson plan prep work on a rotating basis.
- Attend and contributes to monthly lesson plan meetings.
- Submit supply requests and work orders to Site Leader in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintains a positive working relationship with parents and other staff members.
- Responsible for maintaining bulletin boards according to the bulletin board schedule.
- Inform Director of any problems, conflicts and program concerns.
- Responsible for keeping class attendance, emergency, medical and registration forms on file for each child.
- Treat public complaints and concerns with the utmost attention.
- Maintain CPR/First Aide certification.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $11.75 per hour
- Monday thru Friday
- Health Benefits